For years, Lancaster residents wondered what would happen to Kilburnie, seen here in Dec. of 1958. This Federal-style home, located at 204 N. White St., was built by dentist Joseph Lee between 1826 and 1834. Over the years, Kilburnie began to show its age and eventually was abandoned. In Feb. of 1999, the weathered structure was moved to Craig Farm Rd. The house was restored and now serves as a bed-and-breakfast inn known as Kilburnie, the Inn at Craig Farm. In 1979, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
(Photo by Lavoy Studio/The Lancaster Archive/Image on File with Travis Bell Photography)